Friday, January 29, 2010

Mommy's First Head Butt!

So right after my last post, it was dinner time for Bela. She got very fussy and head-butted me by accident in a fit of rage. I lost it (started crying) as it hurt so bad and I think I was just very frustrated. So there Ryan was consoling both me and Bela at the same time. When Bela saw me cry, she got very quiet and stoic again - almost remorseful for what had happened. She wouldn't even make eye contact with me. Needless to say, dinner was over that night. Bela woke up in the middle of the night and refused to go to sleep. What we figured out was that she was hungry and once she had a banana she was fine and went back to sleep. So yesterday we tried her on a different schedule.

After reviewing her schedule from the orphanage, it looked like she was eating much bigger meals here with us than she was used to. She was used to multiple smaller meals. Instead, she would have a big breakfast, a good sized lunch and we would then give her snacks before dinner - leading to small dinner and a middle of the night hunger craving. So we went without a nap yesterday and didnt have any snacks until about an hour before bed where we gave her warm milk and a banana (after a full dinner). She went to bed immediately and the times she woke up, she was just searching for Ryan and went right back to sleep once she saw him. So yesterday was a great day in our book - one of the best since we have been home. My sister and sister-in-law also came over and made some food for us since I was still pretty sick. It was nice to have some adult interaction again since it seems like we have been cooped up for weeks - even though it's only been 5 days.  So Bela is now sleeping with her butt stuck way up high with her belly button just a finger tip away. Today is her first Doctor's visit - let's hope the fits don't show up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment